At SEO blog visibility and visitors are ensured by search engines. And from the on-page techniques to write optimized posts and make any site a REAL SEO blog.
Who finds an SEO blog finds a treasure , we can say paraphrasing an old proverb. And there is nothing more true, if by “treasure” we mean full visibility on the Web, strong notoriety and large number of readers.
For any site capable of standing out on search engines the road is always downhill: thanks to the good placement in the SERPs, the number of visitors increases continuously, from hundreds to thousands, to the publication of each new post. And without having to spend even a penny on advertising and promotion.
Of how to create an SEO blog, we often talked , focusing on the importance of the domain name, of the platform (WordPress remains the best, in my opinion), of the care of code and meta tag structure. Those wishing to go into these topics can click on the links on the right shown here, or do a search (local, of course).
On this occasion I would rather focus on the so-called Search Engine Optimization “on-page”, that is the series of precautions that you should have in drawing up every single article. If put into practice, the following guide can guarantee good chances of turning a simple site into a real SEO blog . Let’s start right away.
MAKE GOOGLE & CO. UNDERSTAND YOUR FOCUS.
- In a self-respecting SEO blog before making a post, it is a good idea to carefully choose a reference keyword: the entire content will have to rotate around that keyword. It is better not to write anything if you have not been able to focus on a specific, limited topic.
- Check the value of the keyword that is relevant to you through one of the free tools offered by Google; both Google Trends and Adwords can do . If the keyseems to be “saturated”, in the sense that it is subject to excessive competition from highly accredited sites, it looks for so-called “long tail” alternatives. For example, you could use “teddy bear” instead of just the “teddy bear”.
- In writing, do not be afraid to repeat the keyword several times. But, of course, don’t overdo it and distribute the presence in all the points of the text : at the beginning, in the middle and at the end. To measure the frequency you can use one of the online tools designed to automatically evaluate the “density” of the keywords in a single post.
- Unfortunately, there is no precise rule to avoid penalization by search engines resulting from ” key stuffing “, that is to say, for having over-stuffed the post with the key terms. Some say that their density should not exceed 3%, those 4 or even 2%. In reality the maximum tolerated incidence is directly proportional to the consideration that the search engines have already matured towards the SEO blog: the more this is well positioned in the SERPs, the greater the margin granted . For young sites I suggest not to go beyond a point, a point and a half, and to increase density only after checking the impact of previous articles on Google and Bing.
- If you use WordPress you can use the excellent Yoast plug-in to put into practice the suggestions of the previous points (3 and 4). But be careful: the integrated tool, which allows you to check the frequency of the keyword, does not take into consideration the tags of images and links !
FOCUS THE SEO WHERE IT MATTERS MOST.
- The bots – especially those from Google and after the advent of the Penguin anti-spam algorithm – run through the posts of a SEO blog . However, as in the past, they continue to assign greater importance to some points of the structure: title (H1), summary (signed with the tag H2), heading of paragraphs (H3), meta title and meta description. It goes without saying that it is here that the keyword, chosen through the methods suggested above, must certainly be present (possibly in the initial position).
- Take care to optimize the images : their weight should not exceed 5/10 kb. And enter the key terms in their name, title and ALT attribute.
- Overall, each post should not count less than 400/500 words , divided into several paragraphs (of 2/300 words each).
- Integrate freely – but again, don’t overdo it – internal links to your SEO blog . This helps reduce bounce rate and indirectly promotes search engine optimization.
- Always use an external link , taking care to add the nofollow attribute if the destination site does not seem to enjoy an excellent reputation. If in doubt, forget it and choose a less dangerous reference.
IT IS THE READER WHO DECIDES IF YOURS IS A SEO BLOG
- Use spontaneous, lean, concise and simple language. It is essential to capture the reader’s attention: if the content is hardly usable sooner or later the search engines will also notice it, and then you can say goodbye to the aspirations of a SEO blog .
- Choose a short title (40 to 70 characters), effective, stimulating, and that has not already been published by others. Reflect, study the competition: a post called “10 ways to make money with the Web” works much better than an article on “Opportunities offered by the Internet to supplement your salary with a site”.
- Bold the essential steps of each period , especially if it contains the keyword. Use italics to highlight foreign or singular terms.
- If it makes sense, and if it serves to make the content even clearer, use the bulleted or numbered lists (like the ones you’re reading). In SEO blogs they are considered a good practice.
- Integrate the keyword in the description (title) of internal links, as long as they are consistent. Don’t do it instead with external links.
ANY MORE ADVICE
There is one last suggestion, which is part of the on-page techniques of SEO blogsand which I believe and hope will be very useful. After publishing the post, wait a week; then it records for a couple of days the fluctuations of its positioning in the Google SERP. If it is already on the first page of results, or at least tends to go up, that will be the demonstration that you did an excellent job .
If instead it is stopped on the lower steps do not make the mistake of being discouraged and let it disappear permanently from the Web. Rather subject it again to examination and, above all, once again evaluate the density of the keywords. Then reduce or gradually increase it depending on what we have said up to this point. You will see that search engines know how to be flexible, and they know how to appreciate those who are capable of remedying their mistakes .
I forgot: this also aspires to be a SEO blog , where interaction and comments have their importance. If you like, ask, or contribute by sharing your experience.